Sunday 8 November 2015

Character Study_New Direction

After my Mentor meeting last week I had an initially difficult realisation, followed by gradual and increasing relief and enthusiasm!

In an unforeseen 'U' turn I have decided to create a scene with local reference as a base, using early 20th Century Deco / Nouveau inspired architecture as a base for a cinematic composition - this will in turn act as the set for a short animatic for my final Masters project.

A crucial aspect of the scene will be the characters and in a serendipitous turn of events the CGMA course I am currently taking (now week 4) includes character and thumbnail composition studies.

Starting with a referenced based female character study, the process begins with a stylised sketch study, breaking that into basic shapes and identifying the light source, then adding shadow and light pools to begin the rendering stage:





No comments:

Post a Comment